Total Reviews: 8
- October 20, 2017Larry - Racquet Science First Impressions: Pros + In hand they feel like a lighter weight sock than other compression socks but they still provided the full compression needed. The lighter weight made them more breathable and comfortable over the course of a match as well afterwards. Really did seem to wick away the moisture. + The dots on the foot area helped for traction in the shoe. Cons - A little on the pricey side (hence the 4 stars) but performance was top notch.
- October 20, 2017Larry - Racquet Science First Impressions The Eye racquets have intrigued me for quite a while. Quite a few pro's are playing them now and the cosmetics/dsign have been very forward thinking. The lack of bumper has freaked me out but perhaps they are constructing them stronger in the head and so a bumper is redundant, time will tell. Cosmetics: Very sharp design in black, red, and white. Performance: Pros: + Slightly heavier at 145 grams but a head light balance makes it easy to swing. Great power with minimal effort. + Uses a double main string pattern (2 strings out of the main string holes) that softens the string bed and increases the trampoline effect. Cons - Would like the frame to be a little wider at the bottom, feels a bit tapered but easily get used to as you play more. Overall a great racquet for players who love the power. Made for players with short swing arcs and slow to medium swing speed.
- October 19, 2017Larry - Racquet Science I have played with the same model from last year. Loved it but they did break... This years models are supposed to be more durable. Cosmetics: Same sharp graphics as last year. Performance: Pros + A bit more head heavy which makes the frame much more stable and plows through the ball easier. + One of the largest sweetspots in any racquet on the market. + I prefer this non-speedport design which makes the string bed not as bouncy and more consistent. + Smaller handle size fits smaller hands, needs an overgrip + for medium sized hands and up. Cons - Not as maneuverable as last years model but the trade off seems worth it to me. * Adding an overgrip will change the balance slightly to more head light and thus more maneuverable. Great all around racquet with a good blend of power and control aimed at players with a medium swing arc and a slow to medium swing speed.
- October 19, 2017Larry-Racquet Science Went for a quick spin last night with the Phantom 950. First impressions: Cosmetics - Very blue in a cool sort of way. Performance: Pros: + Very head heavy balance that plows through the ball. If you like to blast the ball the 950 is the highest power level. + Small grip size which is good for small hands. I like to put one overgrip over to help suit my medium hand size better. + Very stable on off center hit shots. + Very quite hit off the string bed and low vibration transmitted. Cons: - Made that "Speedport" sound when hitting the ball. The strings are moving back and through the ball to rebound off the string bed and make a "whump" sound. Not bad, just noticeable. Great racquet for a player who likes to hit with power and has a small swing arc and a slow-medium swing speed.
- September 9, 2017I played for 2 hours last night with this new racquet. I have to say, that I'm very impressed. Tons of power. No vibration. Large sweet spot Very easy to maneuver I definitely recommend this racquet, you will love it !!!
- March 26, 2017I sweat and this stuff works! I have used it for over 3 years now. I need to replace my grips as the salve makes the grip slick after a while bit the trade off is I can hold onto my racquet. My partner appreciates it!
- March 6, 2017Excellent bag for those who like to organize their gear. Lots of pockets and compartments. Excellent backpack straps for comfort carrying.
- March 6, 2017Love this shoe. Slightly on the wider side with excellent cushioning and support. I feel it has helped with my knee pain I was experiencing before them.