Head Graphene XT Xenon 120 Slimbody AFP – the top slimbody squash frame from Head for this year. Features the AFP string pattern. A design that allows you to change how it is strung for control or added power.
As soon as you pick up this frame you notice the thin beam design that makes it look light, quick, and maneuverable. Take a swing and it slices through the air. Hit the ball and you feel the ball on the strings and the frame flexing and releasing to propel the ball into the nick.
What is AFP? Well the acronym stands for, Adaptive Fan Pattern. When it is time to restring you can choose between two string patterns:
- 14 mains x 17 crosses – this is how the racquet is strung at the factory and is said to provide the most power by Head.*
- 18 mains x 17 crosses – add two more mains on each side of center and fan the strings to provide more control according to Head.*
* Our experience has been that fan patterns such as the 18×17 pattern actually increase the sweet spot and add more power to the frame. We will be playtesting the patterns in the near future. In the meantime if you have feedback / experience please feel free to leave a comment.
The Slimbody frame also features new Graphene XT composition. This is a material that is 200 times stronger than steel and allows Head to redistribute the weight of the frame from the middle of the racquet and out to the tip or grip depending on the playing performance required. Head Heavy for more power and Head Light for more control.
- Headsize: 475 sq. cm
- Weight: 120 grams (bare frame)
- Balance : 5 points Head Heavy
- Composition: Graphene XT
- Grip Type: UltraSoft Tour
- Strings: Evolution Pro 17
- String Pattern: 14 Mains x 17 Crosses or 18 Mains x 17 Crosses